Frequently Bought Together
Below are the most popular components used with 14 AWG wire.
|IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper, 2 inch Jaw, Cuts 10-24 AWG, ProTouch Grip for Maximum Comfort...||$24.98||Buy on Amazon|
- 12V Fuse Panel – Distributes power through the 14AWG wires to all 12V devices. Learn more
- #8 Ring Connectors – Connects 14AWG wires to fuse panel.
- LED Puck Lights – Popular camper van ceiling lights. Learn more
- Light Switch – Also comes with USB sockets.
- Butt Connectors – Connects 14AWG wire to 12V devices.
- Irwin Wire Tool – Useful tool to cut, strip, and crimp electrical wire.
Why 14 Gauge Wire?
This recommended 14AWG wire comes with high-quality insulation that conservatively transmits 15-Amps of continuous current. This is roughly 180-Watts of power, which is sufficient to supply power to virtually all your 12V devices.
- LED Lights: 2W each
- Ventilation Fan: 5W
- Water Pump: 60W
- Fridge: 65W
- Diesel Heater: 100W (on startup)
- Smartphone: 30W
Where To Use 14 AWG Wire
14 AWG wire is used to connect the 12V fuse panel to each 12V device, like the LED lights and the ventilation fan. Refer to the below wiring diagram to visualize how the wire is used in combination with the above recommended components.
Product Technical Details
14 AWG (wire gauge)
# of conductors
Two (1 Red & 1 Black)
Tinned copper (stranded)
Heavy Duty PVC